CODE 6.4.10 has been released.
Please help us test the features. Find the complete announcement here!
CODE 6.4.10 – Released on July 1st, 2021
New Features & general improvements
- Anchors for images & objects implemented in online Writer
- Showing headers and footers in PPTX presentations; this also helps interoperability
- PDF continuous scrolling implemented; earlier you could only browse PDF files page by page
- Online Help and About dialog interaction have been improved; also the content can be copied now too
- Asynchronous save, preventing that in some situations editing is blocked.
- Considerable rendering performance improvements for red-lining (spell checking).
- Message parsing performance improved by solving memory waste.
- The image scaling caches for multi-user documents has been enlarged, based on the number of users.
- The document is no longer re-rendered in the browser for every websocket message from the server: instead batching message processing to improve responsiveness.
Profiling & debugging improvements
- New built-in end-to-end profiler, helping developers.
- Trace-logging for one document/user, helping sysadmins/developers with diagnoses of problems with individual documents.
- After inserting a shape or a table, the NotebookBar will switch to Draw/Table tab.
- Dropdown button in classic mode for fontcolour, backcolour added.
- Button arrangement optimized (Find & Replace, Thesaurus).
- Icons and close buttons position optimized.
- NotebookBar improved by showing important items with a large button.
- NotebookBar size reduced.
- Change document name box improved.
- Favicon improved for documents in Online.
- Improved cell cursors and selections.
- AutoFill selector improvement in Calc.
- Spreadsheet tabs more legible through added contrast & cosmetic fixes.
- Spreadsheet tabs context menu reworked: only the options that make sense (e.g. with one sheet) will be available.
- The search toolbar now gives a clearly visible “not found” feedback.
- The settings in the CSV Import dialog are better positioned and therefore easier to use. Also horizontal scrolling through columns is enabled.
- Tooltip and label fixes.
- Various close buttons and other icons have the best position now.
- Several style inconsistencies in dialogs, menus and popups have been fixed.
Find more details in the announcement!