CODE on CentOS 7: Nextcloud server access is denied

Hi,
I have installed CODE with packages on a CentOS 7 VM according to Setting up and configuring native CODE packages on Linux - Collabora Office and Collabora Online. I’m using a reverse proxy configured according to Proxy settings — SDK https://sdk.collaboraonline.com/ documentation.

However our Nextcloud instance doesn’t seem to be able to access it and I found the following entries in the systemd journal:

convert-to: Requesting address is denied: 111.222.333.444| wsd/COOLWSD.cpp:3357

111.222.333.444 being the IP address of our Nextcloud instance. Where has this access to be configured? The installation instructions on the CODE pages and the documentation don’t seem to explain that. There are some host desc entries in /etc/coolwsd/coolwsd.xml in the network (REST) and storage sections, but I don’t really understand how this relates to the REST server.

Any hint is highly appreciated.

Hi @drosera the convert-to endpoint is restricted to allowed host addresses that can be set in the /etc/coolwsd/coolwsd.xml configuration file. The IP addresses have to be added as dot-escaped net.post_allow.host entries.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem which I presume is due to revers lookup not working on shared hosting.
I cannot find any reference to net.post_allow.host in the /etc/coolwsd/coolwsd.xml file.
Could you tell me where to put it, and the correct syntax for the entry.
Regards

I have cured the probIem.
I reinstalled Nextcloud with Nextcloud Office 6.2, I can now edit documents fine, and the convert-to: Requesting address is denied: error has disappeared, so I do not need the net.post_allow.host entry