Iterative Calculation

It seems that I can use iterative/circular calculations in files, which have it activated. But it seems collabora is missing a button to enable this on for new files. Is there a way to enable this within collabora, which I cannot find somewhere?

Welcome to the forum @Coolkau !

I’m not sure I follow, do you mean iterative references?

Thanks Pedro,

I mean this: iterative calculation

There are quite a few cases, in which you end up with a circular reference, i.e. you reference a cell twice in the chain of calculation. Libre Office can do this and Collabora seems to be able to do this… but you cant switch it on or off. So you will need to import a file which has the iterative calculation option ativated to use it. Or does a button exist?

Settings coming from the core can be set server-wide in /etc/coolwsd/coolkitconfig.xcu.
In this case you need to add the following (with the values changed if needed):

<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Office.Calc/Calculate/IterativeReference"><prop oor:name="Iteration" oor:op="fuse"><value>true</value></prop></item>
<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Office.Calc/Calculate/IterativeReference"><prop oor:name="MinimumChange" oor:op="fuse"><value>0.001</value></prop></item>
<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Office.Calc/Calculate/IterativeReference"><prop oor:name="Steps" oor:op="fuse"><value>100</value></prop></item>

It’s also possible to set other settings that are available in a LibreOffice / Collabora Office configuration, see the registrymodifications.xcu file in the user profile. To figure out what entry is added/changed after changing a setting on the UI, you can save the file before and after the change (and quitting LO), and compare the two. Note that since most of these config changes are untested in CODE/COOL, it isn’t guaranteed that they all work sensibly.