Postmessage to change the sidbar status

Is there an easy way to send a Postmessage form the Host to the editor to click a button?
I want to toggle the Sidebar after the editor was initialized (Host_PostmessageReady). But I did not find a corresponding message.

I’m not sure if this is what you want but I think you can simply adjust the loolwsd.xml inside of <user_interface> and add:

<writer>
          <ruler type="bool" desc="Controls whether the ruler would be shown at the first load of the document." default="true">true</ruler>
          <statusbar type="bool" desc="Controls whether the statusbar would be shown at the first load of the document." default="true">true</statusbar>
          <sidebar type="bool" desc="Controls whether the sidebar would be shown at the first load of the document." default="true">false</sidebar>
      </writer>
      <spreadsheet>
          <sidebar type="bool" desc="Controls whether the sidebar would be shown at the first load of the document." default="true">false</sidebar>
      </spreadsheet>
      <presentation>
          <statusbar type="bool" desc="Controls whether the statusbar would be shown at the first load of the document." default="true">true</statusbar>
      </presentation>

also during sending the form when the iframe is being set up (similarly as the access_token ). The VALUES can have a form like:

UIMode=notebookbar;TextRuler=false;PresentationStatusbar=false;SpreadsheetSidebar=false

https://sdk.collaboraonline.com/docs/theming.html

1 Like

Ah! OK that’s the information I was missing. Thanks a lot I will try this out.

It seems not to be possible to disable the sidebar via the loolwsd.xml file.
I tried a lot but without any success, the sidebar is always visible after launching.

I also did not find an official documentation about the tags in the <user_interface> section.

Oh sorry to hear that. I have just tried myself now with a fresh installation and interestingly enough it seems to be a bug with the sidebar itself because the ruler successfully get hidden but not the sidebar with:

<user_interface>
      <mode type="string" desc="Controls the user interface style (classic|notebookbar)" default="classic">notebookbar</mode>
      <writer>
          <ruler type="bool" desc="Controls whether the ruler would be shown at the first load of the document." default="true">false</ruler>
      </writer>
    </user_interface>

And also some more information on user-interface settings: Configuration — SDK https://sdk.collaboraonline.com/ documentation but it’s quite scarse. I will try to hunt this down and find out what’s the blocker here. thanks!

1 Like

I have opened this bug report on github: Sidebar can not be hidden on startup · Issue #2510 · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub

I managed to hide the sidebar by adding the following hidden input field into my iframe form:

<input name="ui_defaults" value="UIMode=notebookbar;TextSidebar=false" type="hidden"/>