Translation volunteering

Hi,
re https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/collabora-online/
Are changes in Weblate used by Collabora Online?
If so, if a translation is improved on Weblate, when does that become available?
If a new language is added to Weblate, when does that become available?
Does the new language have to already be supported by the respective host OS, or is it independent somehow?
Thanks Rob

1 Like

Hi @rpear

Changes in Weblate will be pushed to master branch shortly. Also, before releases I will cherry-pick translation changes to release branch, so translations will be up to date.

1 Like

Regarding language support, when Collabora Online is loaded by the integration, a lang parameter is passed. This is how we set language normally. The fallback is the browser’s preferred language, this is what you see when you test without integration and without lang parameter, for example when you run make run.

As for Collabora Office on mobile, the language has to be supported by the OS.

2 Likes

Thanks for the lang tip. The translation in French is far from complete, all the side panels are in English for example. It’s very annoying. Can I help?

Hi Frasq, it is very easy to edit languages using Weblate; However French currently appears to be mostly translated. I am not an expert, but I do not think it will help you with the problem that you mention in another thread about the spelling dialogue box. Here is the link I originally followed to see find weblate where anyone can help: Translate? | Collabora Online - Community Page

Yes, @frasq has a setup problem, the French translations are fine, more details are in Not everything is translated in French

The lang parameter seems mandatory. And don’t forget to install the localization packages for the dialog! Problem solved for me. THX.

1 Like