Update Packages overwrites coolwsd.xml regardless

Whenever I run an update package, despite the message that says the default action is to not overwrite coolwsd.xml, the file is overwritten regardless. The very next line (after the pause) says “Overwriting…”. I have long had a crib sheet for the 3 or 4 changes needed to make it all work OK with Nextcloud but am I missing something obvious? I remote into the server (Ubuntu Server 22.04) with Webmin so that is probably why trying to manually affect the behaviour with the advised key presses does not work, but I am happy to let the advised default proceed, only, it does the opposite of what it says? I have screenshots if required. Anyone that can help/advise?

Hello @Nigel,

First of all, welcome to the Collabora Online forum! We’re very grateful for your feedback.

It seems that your issue might be related to how Webmin handles package updates, which could be causing the coolwsd.xml file to be overwritten even when the update process suggests otherwise. There is a related discussion on GitHub where users have experienced similar issues, and it might provide some insights or solutions for you.

Please take a look at the discussion here: GitHub Issue #6844.

If you continue to experience issues or have further logs to share, feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
Darshan

Thanks very much darshan, appreciated - had a good delve of the threads - am thinking that the next time the webmin dashboard show a collabora update available I could go direct to terminal on the server and run an update command from there instead of the webmin routine, using commands as below:

sudo apt update
sudo apt update coolwsd code-brand

I did the original install with apt so, a viable plan?

1 Like

@Nigel No problem. Happy to help :slight_smile:

Nigel yes for now it’s a good to do this way.

Thanks once again for the feedback. I also want to invite you to join our Matrix channel, where we discuss various technical and installation-related issues for Collabora Online. You can add your input, ask questions, and participate in the discussions. Here’s the link: Matrix Channel.

Thanks,
Darshan