Where is the start point for contribution?

Which documents do you suggest to read, in order to fully master CODE architecture?

Our team plan to contribute on this project with adding some features.
We are searching for the start point.

1 Like

Hi @mshadi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’m glad you are interested in contributing!

1. The very first step would be to follow the build instructions: Build Collabora Online | Collabora Online - Community Page
  2. There are also a couple the Development Topic to keep an eye.

We also have newcomers meeting every morning at 10 CEST so that could be useful :slight_smile: (same link as the community meeting)

We have all the easy hacks marked so you can filter them: Issues · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub

https://sdk.collaboraonline.com/ is where documentation lives together with README files in the repository itself

Oh, and please feel free to join our chat channel:

1. The #cool-dev IRC channel is located in the Libera.chat server. The channel is currently bridged to both Telegram and Matrix.

Indeed it would be great to see a rough architecture diagram. We need to investigate for a larger potential customer how Collabora Online is scaling in a cluster environment. Does it follow a strict microservice approach? Well, when studying the Helm chart and docker we do not see a message queue nor a PostGres DB. Or is there no need for persistence and session states (like OnlyOffice does)? So does it only have a TCP/IP session and no user session? To scale it is recommended for faster jail creation to use docker run command with the privileged flag. Isn’t that a security issue as docker would then have root privileges on the host machine - we consider this as a security no-go for cluster operations.

And btw, what is the difference between COOL and CODE?

EDIT: After hours of further browsing I found a simple diagram here also mentioning that each node runs stateless. Need to find out more about the mechanism of jail creation. The meaning of CODE Is often explained, and I assume that COOL is just an (internal) abbreviation for Collabora Online.