Wrong locale pt-BR

Hello,

Using sheets I realized that locale was not correct. For example, were should be DD/MM/YYYY, it’s MM/DD/YYYY.

As you can see, default locale is correctly set do BR. I guess it’s something related do the input date for this specific locale.

Can you check what happens if you set your UI language to Portuguese (Brazil) in the file server you’re using Collabora Online/CODE with? The locale is tied to the UI language, and yours is English, regardless of what the dropdown says. If you have a packaged setup, you may need to install packages collabora*pt-br.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Actually I’m using docker-compose to create a container with this options:

collabora:
    image: asandres/collabora:21.11.4.2.1
    restart: unless-stopped
    networks:
      - backend
    depends_on:
      - nginx-proxy
    environment:
      - password=XXXXX
      - username=XXXXX
      - lang=pt-br
      - DONT_GEN_SSL_CERT=true
      - extra_params=--o:ssl.enable=false --o:ssl.termination=true

Is option lang=pt-br the correct one? If not, can you please point me the right direction? My last option is to directly edit coolwsd.xml.

Thanks.

Was you able to solve the problem using the docker image? I’m facing the same problem.

I’m creating a custom docker image, where I installed the collaboraoffice*pt-br but I’m missing something since the UI still in English.

FROM collabora/code:22.05.10.2.1
USER root
#Instala pacote de localização para o português da Collabora
RUN apt update
RUN apt install -y locales locales-all collaboraoffice*pt-br
ENV LC_ALL pt_BR.UTF-8
ENV LANG pt_BR.UTF-8
ENV LANGUAGE pt_BR.UTF-8

#Volta o usuário para o da imagem base da collabora/code
USER cool

EDIT: Just to clarify: The docker image collabora/code:22.05.10.2.1 already come with all language package installed, so there is no need to perform an apt install -y collaboraoffice*pt-br.

EDIT2: In the browser, I can see the pt-BR localization files being downloaded, but the UI still in English. Maybe the Collabora Code is hardcoded to English only?

Solution: Adding lang=pt-br to the URL solved the localization problem for me.

2 Likes