Zotero Integration for Android-App

Hi there,

I am amazed by Collabora so far, and am using it on my oneplus pad 2 - however, to be really useful to me, I am a phd-scholar, I need zotero integration a lot. Is this feature something that is on the list or was I just too blind to find it?
I am aware of collabora online/nextcloud. I dont have a nextcloud server, so fr (and am not sure whether I want one :smiley: )

any help is appreciated,
thanks,
K

Hi @karanda, welcome to the Collabora Online forums!

It’s wonderful to hear that you’re enjoying your experience with COOL!

Zotero integration is indeed possible! You can check out these resources that will guide you through managing bibliographic data with Zotero and Collabora Online:

Integrating with Nextcloud is straightforward, especially with Docker—it’s a quick and easy option.

Here’s a guide to help you install and integrate Collabora with your Nextcloud app:

Thanks,
Darshan

Hi that is some great first advice, however I realised that I was not specific enough. I mentioned my Android-tablet and was mostly refering to that.
I might swith to collabora full-time on my tumbleweed laptop as well, though. But my question was mainly about the android-version, which does not seem to support zotero, as of now. right?

Thank you for your support and help :slight_smile:

@karanda, I apologize for the misunderstanding—I initially thought you needed this for a desktop setup.

Given that you’re using a OnePlus Pad 2 with a resolution of 3000x2120, you should be able to achieve Zotero functionality directly within the NC app.

However, as a workaround, you could first set up a Nextcloud environment on your desktop/tablet. Then, by using the Nextcloud Android app on your tablet, you can configure the Zotero API in your Nextcloud environment through your browser. The setup will reflect on your tablet since both devices will be connected to the same network.

ATB,
Darshan

Absolutely No Problem.

Can you maybe elaborate how and where?
I cannot find any integration etc

I have tried to replicate the resolution of your tablet into browser and i can see a option to add Zotero API key.

See this demo:

I am using the Android App, atm … So that won’t Work :sweat_smile:

@karanda, that’s exactly why I suggest setting it up on your desktop first. It’ll give you more control and access to some awesome features! :wink:

@karanda are you using Nextcloud app or Collabora app ? Because i see you have no NC setup so probably you are using Collabora android app right ?

Ah, ok
U got me confused there :sweat_smile:
I will Check in it later!

Exactly, I am using collabora App🙂

edit: kinda sad that the threat was closed without any solution?
a “unfortunately the android app for collabora does not support zotero without nextcloud or owncloud” would’ve been nice …
There does not seem a way to get this in android.

@karanda, while we’re on the topic, I wanted to let you know about our Tea Time Training (TTT) sessions that take place every Friday. These sessions are a great opportunity to learn about some of the amazing features of Collabora Online. If you can join, it will be very engaging, and you’ll gain more insights into the product.

You can also join our discussions and stay updated with the latest developments by connecting with us on Matrix: COOL Dev on Element.