Apt can't find the packages for initial installation

Background: I am very comfortable with the command line, have been using Linux for 18 years, but I’m stumped. It’s probably something SUPER simple.

Trying to install CODE on a Raspberry Pi 4 with Debian Bullseye. Following the instructions here: Setting up and configuring native CODE packages on Linux - Collabora Office and Collabora Online.

I imported the signing key, then created /etc/apt/sources.list.d/collaboraonline.sources with the following info in it:

Types: deb
URIs: Index of /repos/CollaboraOnline/CODE-debian11
Suites: ./
Signed-By: /usr/share/keyrings/collaboraonline-release-keyring.gpg

I then do an apt-get update and try to install coolwsd and code-brand. HOWEVER, this is where the problem starts. When doing an apt-get update command, I do get a hit on the repo BUT it never finds anything from that repo. I do “apt-cache search collaboraoffice” and nothing. “apt-cache search coolwsd” and nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Hello and welcome to the forum @jasonmallet !

So, I do not have any Debian machine with me at the moment but according to DebianRepository/UseThirdParty - Debian Wiki it seems the info in the Setting up and configuring native CODE packages on Linux - Collabora Office and Collabora Online is correct. Hm :thinking: I do see a difference in the URIs bit. In the wiki there is a trailing / and in the CODE instructions there is no trailing /

Ah I completely overlooked in which architecture you were trying to install in. For arm we unfortunately do not have Debian repository at the moment

@pedro.silva Thank you! That explains it perfectly. I suppose I’ll have to try with the Docker version, though I was hoping to avoid that as I always have issues with Docker.

Sorry : / if you want to keep trying via native packages I see that we do have an Ubuntu Arm repository, in the case that helps. Oh And thanks for joining the forum : )

That may actually help. I doubt the differences between the Debian and Ubuntu versions are very big. If it all goes terribly I can just start from scratch.

Thank you :slight_smile: