Auto-deleting activity from last 2 minutes

I was working on a collabora word processor doc and it would automatically delete the text i had written or formatting changes from the last couple of minutes. This happened 3 or 4 times before I gave up. It seemed to happen whenever I tried updating my table of contents.

That sounds like a Kit crash; we tend to re-load the document transparently in such cases, which is perhaps less than helpful. Can you reproduce that ? and/or could you share the document - and also the exact versions you are using from help->about ? Thanks!

I just wanted to chime in, this sounds like a crash in the background.

Happens for us all the time in the Calc component unfortunately, and is pretty annoying. :frowning:

Related bug reports I made to GitHub didn’t see any activity so far, so I’m not sure if it would make sense to also report more recent crashes?

According to the stack traces it always happens during the “merges”. For me it happens will all CODE 6.4 releases, and I’m updating frequently in the hope that something might improve - to no avail so far. :frowning:

thanks both!
@mmeeks - this is the version i’m using
@GOhrner - what kinds of things do you mean by ‘merges’?

Thanks @swadi - and can you and @ghrner report the traces from the logs - you should be able to do:

journalctl -u loolwsd

and search for SigUtil13dumpBacktrace - and paste the backtrace here; we should never crash.

Thanks !

Unfortunately, I just updated the CODE Docker container again yesterday and thus lost all logs (including the crash messages) from the previous one. :frowning:

Does anyone know if Docker somewhere remembers the logs of already removed containers? (I don’t think so…)

Anyway, I’ll post new stacktraces here once they occur.

In general, all crashes seemed to look similar to the issue I reported on GitHub in January: CODE Docker: Frequent Crashes in libmergedlo.so · Issue #1198 · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub

There wasn’t any reaction so far. :frowning:

Those crashes often happen several times a day if a Calc sheet is really edited by more than one user.

kit-00743-00039 2021-01-11 11:52:05.333268 [ kitbroker_01b ] SIG   Fatal signal received: SIGSEGV
Backtrace 743:
/usr/bin/loolforkit(_ZN7SigUtil13dumpBacktraceEv+0x5e)[0x55d44cfa0b1e]
/usr/bin/loolforkit(+0x1d4315)[0x55d44cfa1315]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x12980)[0x7f4902d4a980]
/opt/collaboraoffice6.4/program/libmergedlo.so(_ZN3vcl6Window12ReleaseMouseEv+0x4a)[0x7f4900159d1a]
/opt/collaboraoffice6.4/program/libmergedlo.so(_ZN3vcl6Window11EndTrackingE18TrackingEventFlags+0xac)[0x7f490019cd6c]
/opt/collaboraoffice6.4/program/libmergedlo.so(_ZN3vcl6Window12CaptureMouseEv+0x30)[0x7f4900159c40]
(...)

Today I got a new crash with CODE 6.4.7 which I reported on GitHub.