Cannot save edited documents (Collabora + Mattermost)

Hello everyone,
i have a major problem with my Collabora Setup.
I am running a Mattermost + Collabora Plattform for my School kids because they cant afford office and we are not allowed to use Teams at the School.

I Installed Collabora with this Guide:

on an Oracle Free Tier VPS. I want to use it with Mattermost and the Plugin.
Mattermost is working and I am able to add the Collabora Server in the Plugin.

When I upload a document the clickable “edit” appears. When I click it I can see the file but i cant save new words. When I close the file all changes are gone.

I would really apreciate some help or ideas.

Kind Regards
geE68

Hello @gee68

Can you check below points and try the solution

1. WOPI Configuration

• Since Collabora uses WOPI (Web Application Open Platform Interface) to interact with file storage platforms, ensure that the WOPI configuration between Collabora and Mattermost is set up correctly.
  • Check if the WOPI Host configuration in the coolwsd.xml file allows Mattermost as a valid host.

2. Check Plugin Settings in Mattermost

• Ensure that the Mattermost Collabora plugin is configured to allow saving edits. Sometimes, there could be an issue with file paths or API connections that prevent the plugin from writing changes back to Mattermost.

3. Update Collabora & Mattermost Plugins

• Make sure you are using the latest versions of both Collabora Online and the Mattermost plugin. Updates often fix bugs, especially for integration issue

Here is the guide that will help you to set up Mattermost integration with collabora online.

Thanks,
Darshan