Collabora Office on an iPhone with wired keyboard and wired mouse?

Hello,

I am running Collabora Office offline on an iPhone (iOS 14). I don’t use the cloud or have a need to sync documents. (I need to ferry updated documents between iPhone and laptop, but I’ve worked out how to do that using an iPlugmate drive.) I don’t use Bluetooth either.

Is there a way to run a foldable wired keyboard and wired mouse with the iPhone so that I can basically treat the iPhone as if it’s a micro-laptop?

For my needs, that would give fantastic portability. If a wired mouse is not possible, then a wired keyboard with a trackpad would suffice. I guess part of the question is whether specific drivers on iOS are needed for these peripherals, because Apple presumably don’t make this kind of usage easy.

But has anybody here used Collabora Office on an iPhone with a wired keyboard and mouse?

Apologies if this is off-topic here, but this was the only Collabora forum I could find. If it’s off-topic, I’d be grateful for advice on where else to post it.

Thanks in advance,
Carrie

PS Sorry for posting this to the top at first, i.e. not to a specific subforum. I have deleted it there and am reposting here under “User Support”.

Hey @carrie,

Thanks for the question.

A bluetooth keyboard probably works for input, but the mouse support on iOS is going to be a little funky.

Is there a way to run a foldable wired keyboard and wired mouse with the iPhone so that I can basically treat the iPhone as if it’s a micro-laptop?

Right now, for Android/iOS:

• Collabora is focusing on the touch interface.

Maybe in a future date/version, they may handle some:

• mouse-issues in touch-focused OSes.

Side Note: Android mouse support is a little better, since mouse clicks are:

• approximately considered like a “finger touch”.

But on iOS, mouse support is much more complicated/arcane, and mouse clicks are:

• treated completely differently from normal “finger presses”.