Collabora together with Libreoffice best practices

My googling-skills seems to have come to an end in search for “best practices”, “our experience with” or “what we have learned” in relation to documentation that describes others experience using Collabora for online collaboration in conjunction with offline use of the same documents in Libreoffice.

Anyone know of or care to share their experience?

I’m currently testing a setup with the intent of replacing our current documentation infrastructure with Collabora. We are using Libreoffice today so the jump would not seem that great. However, the work-flow with libreoffice is sequential and not parallel, which I aim to solve with Collobora. We do still have a need to work on files locally, either due to network limitations or just for the added functionality in Libreoffice.
What have other people done? Do they “only” use Collabora or do others have success in using both tools simultaneously.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1 Like

To the best of my knowledge: Collabora Online allows collaborative real-time editing, whereas the desktop/mobile clients do not, one user edits a file at a time. I think if you subscribe to Collabora you get support for all their desktop/mobile clients.

The Collabora desktop/mobile apps will work offline or open files over a network, quality of use whilst editing is not effected by poor network performance like it can be with Collabora Online. There are Collabora apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, Chrome OS, iOS and iPadOS, these are the enterprise ready versions of LibreOffice, LibreOffice only has the desktop apps.