Header and Footer Templates for the whole newly created documents

Hello there I am glad to be here
I am using collabora online on Nextcloud and I loved it a lot. I just have on question, I am using collabora online in my organization and we have common heading and footer designs. What I wanted to achieve is, I want to have default header and footer so that whenever I create new document it will have the default header and footer by default.
Thanks

Thanks for your positive report :slight_smile:

For templates, you can add those in the settings for Nextcloud > Office > Global templates.
B.R.,
Cor

@cornouws thanks for your suggestion
but I have tried that once, and I didn’t get it, I mean, does that option provide what I am asking for? and let’s say I have a blank document with the design of the footer and header on it, how do I import that as a global template?
Thanks

how do I import that as a global template?

Just via the UI, as I explained. I cannot see what went wrong when you tried in the past. So pls give it another try :slight_smile:

I tried to import .docx file as a template and it gave me an error. What kind of file format do I need to use as a template? specifically for Header and Footer design

Ah … Templates for text files are OTT (ODF format). And on desktop you can also use DOTX templates (Microsoft format). Not sure if the latter works online as well.

2 Likes

Thank you so much it worked for me now.

1 Like

Wonderful to hear!
Greetings,