Writer document does not save when using a new template

I’m using collabora online cp-6.4.10-5. I’ve created a new template (.ott) using custom fonts with Libreoffice 7.1.4.2 locally and I’ve uploaded via NextCloud to be used as a system wide template. I’ve also made sure to install the custom fonts in the server. When I create a new file using the NextCloud interface and select the template I can edit the document normally but it does not automatically save. It also does not save when I click the save button. I can however save as another document and then it behaves as it should. Any ideas?

This is an open issue also discussed in the nextcloud richdocuments github documents created from templates are broken and cannot be saved · Issue #1563 · nextcloud/richdocuments · GitHub with no solution yet. During document creation the file name is not correctly set in the .xml structure of the created file; I can’t see whether this is an error in richdocuments, in lool or in core.

@pedro.silva : this issue persists for a long time - do you have /any/ idea on how to handle it?

see github documents created from templates are broken and cannot be saved · Issue #1563 · nextcloud/richdocuments · GitHub. The pending version resolves this. If you use the stable23 branch and selfcompile, you have a working version.

Hi all, sorry I didn’t answer here (I have been talking and giving updates on this in the community meetings) to summarized some problems around that issue have been fixed and lastly PR#1982 has been backported to to stable23

2 Likes

Finally the new version of nextcloud office is out - This error is resolved.

Thanks @joergmschulz for helping out with the forum topics !

@Angel are you still seeing that? I think for the people who use the bultin Collabora Online docker image this is still an issue

@joergmschulz I wasn’t able to use 5.0.2 yet because of this: Upgrading to 5.0.2 does not let documents open · Issue #2060 · nextcloud/richdocuments · GitHub

So I’m waiting for 5.0.3 where hopefully both issues will be fixed.

5.0.3 has fixed the issue for me. I can use templates now and save them!