Annotations on a PDF

Hi,

I use the kubernetes collabora online image and try to open a pdf to add annotations to it.
If i read the release notes this should be possible:

Released on July 8, 2024

Features
  • Feature: Unveiling Precision: Introducing the Ruler Feature in Impress/Draw cool #8966
  • Feature: Improved PDF Annotation Support: We have added enhanced support for importing and exporting a wider range of PDF annotation types and properties. This includes: stamps, free text annotation, line size adjustments, line and fill color for polygons, rectangles, and circles. You can now insert various types of annotations such as images, polygons, and text. These annotations can be edited just like any other objects within the document. To experience these improvements, open a PDF containing various types of annotations. You should be able to move, resize, and change the properties of these annotations seamlessly.

But at the moment it i can add anything other then a comment. It also says the document is readonly.

I wonder 2 thing… is it possible to add annotations on a pdf and if so, what should i change to make this possible. i work with python.

hello @J-de-Ridder welcome to collabora online forums.

I see it works fine with normal setup with docker but i haven’t checked with k8

Let me check with k8 instance…

Thanks,
Darshan

1 Like

Hello @J-de-Ridder, I just tested comment feature. It’s working ok in k8.

My version info:

COOLWSD version: 24.04.8.2(git hash: 77a0aab (E))
LOKit version: Collabora Office 24.04.8.2(git hash: ac08496)
Served by: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
Server ID: ccc30d8a
WOPI host:

Can you please update the image is it is not the latest and if it was still not working can you share the PDF ?

Also in which device you are using this is it the desktop or mobile app or tablet ?

Thanks,
Darshan