Collabora admin login required after server restart

Good day everyone!

I created a Collabora server which our NC servers use with NC Office

After a server restart of Collabora, NC Office can still successfully detect the Collabora server but opening documents lead to an error

When I login in to browser/dist/admin/admin.html, the issue is resolved

What causes this little quirk and whether there’s a possible workaround

Additional info:
Collabora 23.05.5.4
NextCloud 27

Any insight would be appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Lulina. Welcome to the forum + thanks for the post!

I’m going to move this to the “Installation & Configuration” section of the forums, where others might be able to find/help you better. :slight_smile:

Okay, I’m a little confused.

Let me see if I’m understanding correctly:

• You are running Nextcloud.
  • You installed Collabora Office (or Nextcloud Office?).
    • Which one?
  • You can get to /browser/dist/admin/admin.html successfully, but can’t open documents.

QUESTION #1: Did you follow any installation instructions? Can you link them here?

There is also a helpful topic over at the Nextcloud forums which might have some Nextcloud<->Collabora troubleshooting tips too:

Perhaps one of their debugging steps might help you.

QUESTION #2: Can you tell which exact error appeared?

Hi there Tex

Thank you for you time :slight_smile:

You are running Nextcloud.
You installed Collabora Office (or Nextcloud Office?).
    Which one?

We have several self hosted NextCloud servers
On those servers the app, Nextcloud Office 8.2.3, is installed and configured to connect to the Collabora server ie https://domain.com:9980/

You can get to /browser/dist/admin/admin.html successfully, but can’t open documents.

Before I access /browser/dist/admin/admin.html, documents won’t open. After I login with the admin credentials, the documents open and can be edited again.

QUESTION #1: Did you follow any installation instructions? Can you link them here?

Here you go, this was installed on Ubuntu 22.04

QUESTION #2: Can you tell which exact error appeared?

Unfortunately I did not document the errors, total oversight on my part. They were along the lines of “Failed to load document” and “reverse proxy”

Thank you for the troubleshooting link, I will have a read through

Hope to hear from you soon :slight_smile: