Collabora Online Weekly #102

Collabora Online Weekly Meeting #102

Date: Jan 5th 2023

All minutes published on: Meeting Minutes - Collabora Online

Attendees (write your name):

  • Pedro, Szymon, Gülşah, Michael, Andras

Release schedule (Gokay)

  • Next CODE 22.05 → to be decided
  • Mobile app release was postponed for next year (probably between Jan-Mar)

Nextcloud bits (Julius)

  • Working on dropping an .ini file in top-level Nextcloud sync folders so that the desktop client can interact with locking / desktop / collaborative editing as the user chooses → waiting for desktop client team (richdocuments PR ready)

  • ctrl + F used to trigger the search input field (even when bottom status bar is hidden) and now it doesn’t (probably only for read-only mode) → AI: create task

  • Copy while in read only mode → AI: create task

  • Edit local icon on the compact view might be misplaced

    • Should probably be in save/print group instead of redo/undo
    • Pull request merged Adjust local editing button position in tabbed view
  • User mentions pull request is in progress Implement user mentions API by Raudius · Pull Request #2576 · nextcloud/richdocuments · GitHub

    • Still needs some fixes regarding public shares when fetching the user list
    • Improved and already merged

• Rashesh’s PR mention: send a postMessage to integrator when username is selected I also merged

Community (Pedro)

Community stats already out: Thank you for a great 2022 and lifting Collabora to the next level!

Montly stats (translations) will be published this week

Community: Forum

  • This year we had activity every single week
  • hidden menu bar bug → requested screenshot and bug report on github
  • Jumping cursor
    • Rodrigo willing to try to help if it’s not fixed already
    • Szymon’s patch → waiting for review, it already passed all tests → now merged
      • AI: Ezinne to double check → AI: Ping Ezinne

Community: Dark mode

  • AI: Pedro needs to rebase dark mode branch (and solve any conflicts coming from new sidebar work) , then ping Andreas K.
  • Branch was very old and with multiple conficts. Branch rebased and now ready to receive Prs. AI → rebase branch and force push

Chat room

  • Banned problematic users and also disabled the link preview and media upload


  • Started to working on an new issue (found in 21.x version): It seems multiple savings (in unmodified documents) in between very short chunks of time (seconds)
  • Aron: how do you monitor the status of the document? Is the save icon button showing that is saved? Sometimes we save due to stuff happening on the core side (even if there is no user modification); Gabriel: don’t know this was reported as in “documents are identical”
    • It’s quite old version. I can check it quickly to see if there is any obvious cause.
  • AI for Gabriel: Create a ticket with this info and maybe worth to mention Ash there.

GitHub activity (Pedro)

  • Gulsah
    • Chart size PPTX → Impress. Now working on this following Quikee code pointer → When we have auto layout somehow position and size is decided for the plot area → needs to find where this is happening. → Have a working solution but one test is not passing: 143179: Use same plot area distance with Microsoft Office → fixed but tests need to be updated. AI: Ping Quikee → Pedro: pinged Quikee, he will check the tests. Thanks
      • Now working on hyperlink issues (calc mobile)
    • bug: Modifying hyperlink keeps existing hyperlink as well ; Already has a fix for that (core side). found another related bug. Fixed!
      • Actually 2 bugs. One fix (on core) is already merged; the other one (online) MERGED Everything done and merged + backported
    • Now Working now on fixing multiple dialogs being opened at once (welcome and missing fonts)
      • It fixes: impossible to dismiss dialog by clicking anywhere else
      • it fixes: impossible to dismiss at all on mobile
  • User wants to have log out button on the admin console

Design bits (Pedro and others)

  • Symon: Now new JSDialog type to be used for all warning dialogs. We can use to replace vex dialogs of these type. Now being used for hyperlink “leaving the editor” dialog (former vex dialog). The plan here is to start to replace vex dialogs one by one sequentially (so it’s better for QA/testing and less prone to regressions)

    • As a collateral hyperlink “leaving editor” bugs were fixed (in some languages, text was above buttons etc)
    • AI: Which is the next in line? → font missing dialog (Gulsah is on it, Szymon will review) done, waiting for Gulsah to update it
  • Bibliography icons, layout merged

    • Lists need to checked → icons
    • Edit control improvement

Other ongoing work

COOL Days 2023

  • COOL Days 2023 - Cambridge, UK - Collabora Office and Collabora Online
  • We have booked the beautiful Clare College on 28th and 29th March 2023, one of the many famous Cambridge Colleges for our next Collabora Online Conference.
    • Book your seat, fill the form! - free accomodation & food for attendees.
    • Speakers much appreciated.
  • AI(Pedro) Send emails (invitaitons) → also possibly add more info to the web page

Next Meeting