Collabora Online Weekly Meeting #46
Date: Oct 28, 2021
Next meeting: Nov 04, 2021
Attendees (write your name):
- Pedro, Andras, Gabriel, Szymon, Pranam, Aron
Community update (Pedro)
- This week’s meeting was canceled so to give the opportunity for people to test things out
- We have encountered some problems when attempting to test using staging (many things were solved thanks to Andras). But this meant that the event from the last weekend didn’t go as planned.
- Still there are a couple of them that were added in the GH
- Sometimes documents seems to refresh (re-renders) the whole document (etc) needs to take a closer look at the crash report (I will ping someone else if need)
Sidebar pull request (Gabriel)
- The patch that Szymon provided worked, problem solved.
- Should be ported to cp-6.4 ? (Gabriel) Yes it was ported already
- Online: Master with 2021 from core (Andras: but probably at some time we will have a dedicated branch for it)
- I have found an issue with spreadsheet full of comments
- web content goes 100%
- This seems to be a regression (6.4.0 works but in 6.4.10 also does not work but softer)
- Szymon: I think Dennis did some work around those optimizations
- Pedro: I will create an account for Gabriel in stagging eu (NC; Gabriel will provide the document
- Aron: a acute case of loremipsum odt
- Be the first to test the new Collabora Online · Discussion #3461 · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub
- Nothing new here apart from fixes in the Forum theme and new category covers
Design bits (Pedro)
Regression in 2021
- regarding the page – hard shadows & strong outline / border
- already merged – thanks to Szymon
Redesigning Welcome dialog (Pedro)
- we have already (Henry + PEdro) a way to serve content to that welcome dialog and I’m working on transferring the mockup to the real code
- More work around integration
- the possibility to pick different css files depending if integrator is present
- We released the beta
- We have packages for customers and docker image and CODE, too
- CODE 21.11 Release Notes - Collabora Office and Collabora Online
- been reading NGINX (Pranam)
- seems we can use custom conditions to load balance.
- Continue to work on some dialogs, Now TABS!
- Alexis is still not back (next week)
- Gabriel created PR for test matrix: admin: add resource consuming docs cleanup metrics by gmasei11 · Pull Request #3507 · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub
- Will rebase and push force (Pedro: now cypress culprit was dealt with, at least I think so)
Notebookbar as default ? (Aron)
- in the new version ?
- Yes it should be the default (Pedro)
- many integrators set to classic mode as default – so shouldn’t forget that.
- Can stick to classic if the key is not present (Michael)
- will patch it (Aron)
Pull Requests in Need of Attention (Pedro)
- none in particular
Thursday, Nov 04, 2021 at 10:00 am (UTC)