Support Math in Collaboraoffice

Have a nice day,

I installed collaboraofficebasis-math on the debian server, but couldn’t find the option to edit formulas in documents

Is libreoffice-math supported in collaboraoffice?

Debian packages version 21.06.11-1

Thanks
P. Marsik

I asked the same question, it seems not yet. I have a small company and it’s a major issue for us actually. We do engineering and need to write equations, so it limits significantly the usefulness of Collabora for us. Basically, I doubt we’d switch to the paid version until that was implemented.

Thank You

P. Marsik

Summary

This text will be hidden

3 choices, can wait, or switch to the paid version which could go towards it coming sooner, or pay for it to be added so others benefit too.

Thanks everyone for reporting your wishes, could you please make it formal by creating a feature request? : Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

as @rpear pointed out, that would be one of the ways to pull the boat towards what you want : )

Hi @marsik and @crobar I have added a feature request for you. Support Math in Collabora Online · Issue #4049 · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub If it doesn’t sound right to you please add a comment, or let me know and I’ll change it.

1 Like

I previously found Math mentioned in weekly meeting where apparently some work had started

Mike K started on bringing Math to Online … for editing equations.

Getting code enabled for LOK case – does it render to tiles etc.

more advanced changed there too …

changing the current toolbar for various symbols into a sidebar etc.
2 Likes

Hello,

Thank You. We will wait…

P. Marsik

Could this feature development be suitable for a GSoC project?

Hi @crobar I think this might be really a quite big and complex task for a student plus the GSoC’s dealines for ideas ended last Monday : /

ok, thanks, obviously I have no idea of the complexity, but just thought I’d ask!

1 Like

Hi @marsik, @crobar, some good news in the 22.05.9 release notes, Math inline formula editing for Writer (experimental) is now in the Development Edition (CODE). I assume when it’s been tested satisfactorily it’ll be added to the supported Collabora Office version, maybe you will want to test it?

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not use your product. I cannot test the new
functionality

Thank you
P. Marsik

I have installed 22.05.10.1, but don’t see how to add a formula?

Hi Crobar,

tab Insert … > Formula Object.
Then the Sidebar provides the elements you need.
HTH

thanks, no such option appears for me unfortunately

and an existing formula I inserted with LO doesn’t appear to be editable in any way.

I take it back, actually I can edit the existing formula object, but stil don’t see an option to insert a new one.

@crobar Change your view to Tabbed View (View > use Tabbed view), then I can see the option, perhaps it is an oversight that it is missing from the Compact view.

@rpear indeed, it’s in the tabbed view, excellent!

Now the wish list is to enable the text input for formulas

ftr there is a ticket for support markup language method of editing math objects. · Issue #5820 · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub