Weekly COOL meeting #97

­Collabora Online Weekly Meeting #97

Date: Nov 17 2022

All minutes published on: Meeting Minutes - Collabora Online

Attendees (write your name):

  • Julius, Ezinne, Aron, Pedro, Szymon,Gökay, Gülşah, Thorsten, Gabriel, Pranam

Gabriel (1&1)


Adfinis crowdfunding already live: Voice up your LibreOffice — Crowdfunding bei wemakeit

please tell Elisa she did a lot of great work on the crowdfunding, making the video, etc

Let’s share, spread the word All the money goes to fund the good work. The goal needs to be reach or else the money goes back to the people who donated

Release schedule (Gokay)

  • CODE 22.05 → released already (last week)
  • Next release week 50 so, master branch is ready for new feature work

Nextcloud bits (Julius)

Forum (Pedro)

  • Getting error message when trying to print a document → it seems the error message is actually the fail to safe message → requested more info and debug copy paste → fixed with latest version
  • JSsidebar generated html
    • Szymon: Nice, we can then test this with the gridhandler wha
    • https://github.com/CollaboraOnline/online/pull/5256 → Pedro needs to review it
    • Szymon: I have seen Andreas has update the structure on the core, need to check. Less containers but we are also moving to use grid in the core side https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/141380 → already on master, passed against distro CO (needs to be merged) AI: needs to be re-tested (grid inside of a grid)
    • Pedro: Reviewed both gerrit changes → requested additional adjustments (on inner grids)
    • AI: Andreas K: to test if changes in the UI files can be applied to pre packaged core and if it affects online
  • Inserting shapes makes the session crash → very interesting, AI: Ezinne will take a look

Dark mode

  • Andreas K.: Is dark mode in master branch?
  • Andreas K.: What about document page, will we have dark page and bright text?
    • Szymon: “mode” We already have implemented framework, a way to render the tiles 2 times
    • Andreas K. we also already have something like that in core see GH 4382#issuecomment-1066213894
  • Light to dark mode switch already in
  • Andreas K. I will look more into how to change the background colour (canvas tiles are transparent outside the document page)
  • AI: Pedro to promote more the feature branch

GitHub activity (Pedro)

  • Gulsah
    • Gokay: Yup I saw. And Gulsah is working on that. New idea by cheking the first 4 byte is equeal to “%PDF”. Seems a good idea. But we still need to sync with Kendy and re-check PDF specification Hide insert menu item when in readonly mode by GulsahKose · Pull Request #5386 · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub → Better use Kendy;s code pointers: viewcomment attribute that comes from /hosting/discovery endpoint → fixed
    • Chart size PPTX → Impress. Now working on this following Quikee code pointer → When we have auto layout somehow position and size is decided for the plot area → needs to find where this is happening.
    • Copy paste issue in calc (selecting row) working this → Michael’s comment : it’s taking too much time probably there is something else going on there as well. Discovered that even copy pasting in empty column takes a lot of time → now looking into performance with perf and debugging
  • Ongoing study on tabbed view → is to improve button placement to emphasize some actions over other
    • Accessibility Checker is now also available via the help tab
  • User wants to have log out button on the admin console
  • It might be worth to check every disabled item → set respective mouse cursor

Design bits (Pedro and others

  • Idea: on adding a way to hide all or almost all UI (via new icon) in Impress. To allow for presenting without going fullscreen
    • We also have old issue requesting a way to hide the slide sidebar
  • Hyperlink popup now has hyperlink actions (so the user doesn’t need to exit the popup, right click and click again to access that)
    • Width issue to be fixed → AI: Gokay
  • Icon fixes → add missing feedback icon (help tab)

Other ongoing work


  • Probably tomorrow videos are already available on Youtube CollaboraOffice channel
    • AI: Notify people (email etc)
    • Videos already being uploaded (some already available)
      • Community pages were updated with COOL Days CTA → YT [done]
      • Slides repository was updated [done]
      • Plus add update to the Forum
  • Hacktoberfest → 4 PR got in → today shared in SM one of them

Next Meeting