Collabora Online Weekly #83

First of alll, as usual, I couldn’t say thanks enough for your work in particular, and what free-software means for me in practical and theoretical sense.

Now, on to what got me here to read and write (sorry for my english). I decided not to avoid to be prolix to try to help to increase visibility for Colllabora Online.

I have been using, advocating and increasing nextcloud spread locally within my sparse but somewhat broad collaboration network - be it research colleagues from ‘Universidade de Brasília’ (UnB), ‘Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo’ (UFES), Spain’s Universidad Complutense de Madrid(UCM)'*, or among comrades from Brazil’s ‘Sociedade Brasileira de Economia Política’(SEP) and Sociedad de Economía Política y Pensamiento Crítico de América Latina (SEPLA), or (paid-)workplace colleagues at Brazil’s Ministry of Health, Brazilian Federal District’s Statistics and Research Institute etc.

One recurring issue for me to ‘apologize’ with research/work colleagues (I apologize in the sense of me arguing that it must be partly a problem on my setup/config inabilities) is that of the jumping cursor.

I would like, then, to somehow get onboard to try to contribute in softening that issue. I am not a real developer, i am a data scientist/ economics (as in quantitative political economy) researcher and free software adopter/advocate. In that sense, I am aware of my limitations in contributing directly to such a probably very complex issue.

Is there already any pointers / detailed lists as to what small tasks /issues should be taken care in order to minimize most this annoying behavior?

Best Regards

Rodrigo Borges