Collabora Online Weekly #89

Collabora Online Weekly Meeting #89

Date: Sept 1 2022

All minutes published on: Meeting Minutes - Collabora Online

Attendees (write your name):

  • Pedro, Nick W, Szymon, Gabriel, Andras, Michael, Gökay, Thorsten, Aron, Ezinne, Kendy, Gulsah,

Gabriel (1&1)

  • Issue: Collabora Online not sending close (it closes by in the response does not send close)
    • Our proxy fails. Idea: adding close to the connection header
    • Kendy: Please ping Ashod (via email) if necessary
      • but not necessary ATM it seems
    • Gabriel: took a closer look but still didn’t push
      • Still some cases to go over
      • How will client react when close http header is sent
      • PR: Probably will be sent today
      • Michael: Needs to be tested with our http proxy
        • ./wsd/ProxyProtocol.hpp, ./wsd/ProxyProtocol.cpp – worth checking.
    • Maybe someone else from our side will start to contribute :slight_smile: on the front-end

Release schedule (Gokay)

  • CODE release next week

Nextcloud bits (Raul)

* Working on dropping an .ini file in top-level Nextcloud sync folders so that the desktop client can interact with locking / desktop / collaborative editing as the user chooses
  * Tor working to read / interpret this and tweak the UI to better integrate
  * some potential issues getting authentication tokens for LibreOffice – so deferring this ot the next step.
  * Julius talking to client team about auth issues.
* Today new richdocuments release for NC 22
* **Pending conver-to tokens:**

    * Ticket on Nextcloud:
* Pedro: Dark mode affecting when it shouldn’t
  * Currently dark mode is disabled in CO (development happening in feature/dark-mode branch )
    * Julius needs to look at this in richdocuments
      * needs two fixes: one for the most recent version
      * plus one for previous versions.
    * Perhaps cut out the dark-mode completely since older richdocuments have problems there.

Forum (Pedro)

  • We now have COOL Days CTA with some info
  • COOL Days also present in the community website
  • JSsidebar generated html
    • Szymon: Nice, we can then test this with the gridhandler
  • Croatian translation went to the max
  • “Web view”

GitHub activity (Pedro)

  • Gulsah started to work on Avatar improvements (stop following when the user starts to type)
    • Already onto something new, fixing cursor width when view is zoomed in
      • When we zoom in via browser the cursor becomes wider even though the characters stay the same
      • Already know where the cursor height is at but still need to further investigation
        • Need to better debug and distinguish between browser VS document zoom (API scale)
        • About to solve it :slight_smile:
          • It seems there were some hardcoded pixels set from the CSS side for the width but height is backed in within element inline styles

Design bits (Pedro and others)

  • There was effort on removing CSS left and right, WRT buttons
    • Vex buttons also fixed
    • Updated cypress
    • Fixed problem testing bottom toolbar
    • Merged
  • Group download as coolwsd option → have PR that changes the default the value to true
    • Merged
  • I have been working on how we generate the html for the jsdialogs → jsssidebar
    • Push into a dev forum topic

Other ongoing work

  • Mert: Abi is been working on a new SDK example on .NET

    • Now Abi is trying to the upload endpoint
    • Mert → after that it will be done
    • Abi also added in code documentation (via comments)
  • Mert → trying to make Async file properties save with password

    • Uses some interactuon handling sync , not working at the moment
  • Kendy: Mert is finishing DeepL bits.

    • Kendy: will review core
    • Kendy: gerrit got updated with new patches. Will review that and then will get merge
    • WRT to online part maybe Szymon:
      • Also added icon and now waiting for core part to be merged
    • Already finished. But improvements to go
    • WRT mentions Rash is trying to make ongoing mentions work
      • Investigated what it seems to be done in other places
      • Maybe smarter to do most of the heavy lifting in the online side (JS) instead of always go to core and back
      • When you type some text the popup appears unless arrow is pressed. We can rely solely on the hidden input field instead of checking core side always.
      • Still code bits that were added by Rash will be useful for other corner cases
  • Pranam: Fixed all the issues related to comments

    • back to kubernets
    • work on improving sidebar on impress (multiple users)
  • Szymon: noticed a couple of JSDialogs problems and fixed that

    • Smaller JSDIALOG fixes: treeview checkbox state; spinner fixes (on chrome based browsers the hover status was activating the wrong button) [Merged]
      • Unifying cypress tests for spinner (desktop and mobile)
    • Impress Master slide view fixes for multiple users
      • Split changes into smaller pieces so it’s safe and it is now ready for review
      • Slide view is now fixed
      • Assertion to be solved
      • Pranam reviewed , Szymon needs to look at it again
    • Scrollbares: Improving scrolling behaviour (calc only)
      • Scroll depending on the existing content
      • Next: possible to scroll cell by cell via arrow buttons
    • Improved clear formatting feature
    • F2 to edit formula: Currently we don’t see the edits up until we press enter
  • Continuing working on rendering issues on impress. Missing unit tests and some other multi-user bugs to fix

  • Nick

    • Exporting as PDF dialog → async
      • File picker → we don’t have → need to figure out how to implement that
      • I got it rendering propeply
      • Now working on the download part
      • Now everything is async but with that some additional problems appear
  • Skyler: Converting now dialogs to JSDialogs.

    • Last leaflet dialog killed
    • Now number format dialog converted
    • Insert caption on the way as well → then its subdialogs is done
      • sub dialog insert caption > auto is awaiting Szymons review on gerrit:
      • Szymon: JSDialog is missing feature for this (checkbox cannot be in the treeview for now)
      • Szymon: There is another problem with GTK3
    • Good to create a github ticket on improving documentation on APIs in editors.
  • Christopher is working on improving the admin console

    • With help of Pranam we will have an aditional tab on the admin console
  • Abi is working on anew SDK example (.NET)

  • Michael

    • Prometheus – getMetrics
      • thanks to DataPort’s genofire for contributing various fixes, improvement and advice here.
      • Hopefully we now comply – and are not too verbose.
    • zstd → hacked this up in a couple of hours: working nicely
    • coolstress testing tool:
      • needs more work: need a pet WOPI server – or an internal set of test documetns I think.


Next Meeting