Collabora Online Weekly #91

Collabora Online Weekly Meeting #91

Date: Sept 22 2022

All minutes published on: Meeting Minutes - Collabora Online

Attendees (write your name):

  • Pedro, Szymon, Andras, Gökay, Nicolas, Gulsah, Raul, Rashesh, Aron, Nick W, Thorsten, Kendy

Gabriel (1&1)

  • Issue: Collabora Online not sending close (it closes by in the response does not send close)
    • Our proxy fails. Idea: adding close to the connection header
    • Kendy: Please ping Ashod (via email) if necessary
      • but not necessary ATM it seems
    • Gabriel: took a closer look but still didn’t push
      • Still some cases to go over
      • How will client react when close http header is sent
      • PR: Probably will be sent today
      • Michael: Needs to be tested with our http proxy
        • ./wsd/ProxyProtocol.hpp, ./wsd/ProxyProtocol.cpp – worth checking.
    • Maybe someone else from our side will start to contribute :slight_smile: on the front-end
    • add 'Connection: close' header to http responses. by gmasei11 · Pull Request #5225 · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub
    • We plan to release mini upgrade today


Adfinis crowsdfunding already live: Voice up your LibreOffice — Crowdfunding bei wemakeit

please tell Elisa she did a lot of great work on the crowdfunding, making the video, etc

Let’s share, spread the word All the money goes to fund the good work. The goal needs to be reach or else the money goes back to the people who donated

Release schedule (Gokay)

  • We now have 3 week cycle
    • in 3 weeks a new CODE release

Nextcloud bits (Raul)

* Local editing feature is almost done. Additional pointers to make it even better but it is done. Probably wise to wait for the next release (it depends on athe newset desktop client version)
  * Public NC survey on Collabora Online plus NC integration and other Nextcloudy things → the results will be probably published soon
  * PDF default option set to Collabora Online if present
* Ipad where close button was non-existent (only happens via NC app)
  * Maybe there is further improvements coming because now the NC top bar is quite useless
* Working on dropping an .ini file in top-level Nextcloud sync folders so that the desktop client can interact with locking / desktop / collaborative editing as the user chooses
  * Tor working to read / interpret this and tweak the UI to better integrate
  * some potential issues getting authentication tokens for LibreOffice – so deferring this ot the next step.
  * Julius talking to client team about auth issues.
* Today new richdocuments release for NC 22
* **Pending convert-to tokens:**

    * Ticket on Nextcloud:
* Pedro: Dark mode affecting when it shouldn’t
  * Currently dark mode is disabled in CO (development happening in feature/dark-mode branch )
    * Julius needs to look at this in richdocuments
      * needs two fixes: one for the most recent version
      * plus one for previous versions.
    * Perhaps cut out the dark-mode completely since older richdocuments have problems there.

Forum (Pedro)

GitHub activity (Pedro)

  • Gulsah started to work on Calc: Percent format add a 00 to every value inserted.
  • Starting to work on some wonky hamburger menu bug (mobile)

Design bits (Pedro and others

  • Fixes for annotation buttons waiting for tested to pass [done, merged]
  • There were fixes for dialog tabs [done, meted]
  • Also Increased discoverability of our tabbed view feature (collpasing/expanding tabs) → added tooltips [merged]
  • nice fix from Gokay afecting welcome dialog (dialog was pushing other objects in the pag eitself)
  • Update icon name → fixes missing icon on mobile. Thanks Aron.
  • I have been working on how we generate the html for the jsdialogs → jsssidebar
    • Push into a dev forum topic
    • Szymon: Has played with my CSS idea: JSsidebar generated html
    • Szymon: I have tested that out and it looks promissing: less html elements to render and to style
      • Still so extra work requireed (some extra containers are still coming from core)

Other ongoing work

  • Mert → trying to make Async file properties save with password

    • Uses some interactuon handling sync , not working at the moment
    • Gokay: still pending (partially done afaik)
  • Kendy: Mert is finishing DeepL bits.

  • Pranam: Fixed all the issues related to comments

    • back to kubernetes
    • work on improving sidebar on impress (multiple users)
  • Szymon: noticed a couple of JSDialogs problems and fixed that

    • Sidebar flickery (opening and closing at the document load) is fixed!
    • Smaller JSDIALOG fixes: treeview checkbox state; spinner fixes (on chrome based browsers the hover status was activating the wrong button) [Merged]
      • Unifying cypress tests for spinner (desktop and mobile)
    • Impress tiles fix → text going outside
    • Impress Master slide view fixes for multiple users
      • Split changes into smaller pieces so it’s safe and it is now ready for review
      • Slide view is now fixed
      • Assertion to be solved
      • Pranam reviewed, Szymon needs to look at it again
      • Also fixes rendering problems on Calc: F2 to edit formula: Currently we don’t see the edits up until we press enter
      • First part merged now
    • Scrollbars: Improving scrolling behaviour (calc only)
      • Scroll depending on the existing content
      • Next: possible to scroll cell by cell via arrow buttons
    • Improved clear formatting feature [already merged]
  • Continuing working on rendering issues on impress. Missing unit tests and some other multi-user bugs to fix

  • Nick

    • Exporting as PDF dialog → async
      • Fixed saving issue (missing compile flag)
      • Needs to save in the right location
      • Talked with Mert → probably better way to do the async part
      • File picker → we don’t have → need to figure out how to implement that
      • I got it rendering propeply
      • Now working on the download part
      • Now everything is async but with that some additional problems appear
  • Skyler: Converting now dialogs to JSDialogs.

    • Last leaflet dialog killed → merged!
    • Now number format dialog converted
    • Insert caption on the way as well → then its subdialogs is done
      • sub dialog insert caption > auto is awaiting Szymons review on gerrit:
      • Szymon: JSDialog is missing feature for this (checkbox cannot be in the treeview for now)
      • Szymon: There is another problem with GTK3
    • Good to create a github ticket on improving documentation on APIs in editors.
  • Michael

    • zstd → hacked this up in a couple of hours: working nicely
      • needs a few more tweaks – and can merge it.
      • Waiting for master to be open for changes.
      • Andras: WE have now a prototype but still a WIP (it doesn’t work in some platforms)
    • Silly thing re: tiles vs. deltas: recv-tiles 5700, recv-delta 1311 – odd when we have so many people and should have lots of deltas.
    • coolstress testing tool:
      • needs more work: need a pet WOPI server –
        or an internal set of test documetns I think.


COOL dev day - 5th

  • Very short talks: 10 → 15 mins or so … lightning …

  • On-line option for remote but in-person preferred

  • User Mentions & Notifications – Rashesh

  • Tips on debugging COOL → Andras

  • COOL and 1&1 → Gabriel

  • Faster zstd tiles thanks to Facebook→ Michael

  • Streaming document deltas → Michael

  • Getting involved & Overview of COOL community → Pedro

  • Design, UX thingy still need to find title→ Pedro

  • JSDialog conversion → Szymon

  • Nextcloud Office → Raul / Julius

  • Interop improvements → Gulsah

  • Sparklines → Quikee

  • Giant spreadsheets in Online → Lubos

  • DeepL → Mert

  • LanguageTool → Mert

  • Wecloming users → Henry

  • Calc formula-bar → Szymon

  • Content Controls → Miklos

  • Accessibility checker → quikee

  • Remote Control Configuration →Rashesh

  • Async saving cleanups → Ash

  • Multi-host configuration → Kendy?

  • iOS improvements → Tor

  • Video embedding → Ash

  • Re-vamped Save As → Mert

  • PDF export → Mert

  • File Properties → Nick Wingate

Next Meeting