Collabora Online Weekly #90

Collabora Online Weekly Meeting #90

Date: Sept 15 2022

All minutes published on: Meeting Minutes - Collabora Online

Attendees (write your name):

  • Pedro, Szymon, Gabriel, Andras, Michael, Gökay, Nicolas, Gulsah, Kendy, Ezinne, Raul, Skyler, Rashesh, Aron, Andras

Gabriel (1&1)

  • Issue: Collabora Online not sending close (it closes by in the response does not send close)
    • Our proxy fails. Idea: adding close to the connection header
    • Kendy: Please ping Ashod (via email) if necessary
      • but not necessary ATM it seems
    • Gabriel: took a closer look but still didn’t push
      • Still some cases to go over
      • How will client react when close http header is sent
      • PR: Probably will be sent today
      • Michael: Needs to be tested with our http proxy
        • ./wsd/ProxyProtocol.hpp, ./wsd/ProxyProtocol.cpp – worth checking.
    • Maybe someone else from our side will start to contribute :slight_smile: on the front-end
    • add 'Connection: close' header to http responses. by gmasei11 · Pull Request #5225 · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub
    • We plan to release mini upgrade today

Release schedule (Gokay)

  • CODE new minor release planned for tomorrow
    • We were holding new fetures pushes to master
    • We can now safely start to push them

Nextcloud bits (Raul)

* Local editing feature is almost done
  * Waiting for review
  * Pending: File does not get sync when it gets open (probably some work to be done in the desktop side client ?)
    * Michael: Maybe we could pass timestamp when we are handing over the url
    * Should we allow this in all files (including things like PDF)
  * Public NC survey on Collabora Online plus NC integration and other Nextcloudy things → the results will be probably published soon
* Working on dropping an .ini file in top-level Nextcloud sync folders so that the desktop client can interact with locking / desktop / collaborative editing as the user chooses
  * Tor working to read / interpret this and tweak the UI to better integrate
  * some potential issues getting authentication tokens for LibreOffice – so deferring this ot the next step.
  * Julius talking to client team about auth issues.
* Today new richdocuments release for NC 22
* **Pending convert-to tokens:**

    * Ticket on Nextcloud:
* Pedro: Dark mode affecting when it shouldn’t
  * Currently dark mode is disabled in CO (development happening in feature/dark-mode branch )
    * Julius needs to look at this in richdocuments
      * needs two fixes: one for the most recent version
      * plus one for previous versions.
    * Perhaps cut out the dark-mode completely since older richdocuments have problems there.

Forum (Pedro)

GitHub activity (Pedro)

  • Gulsah started to work on Calc: Percent format add a 00 to every value inserted.
    • Format the cell/Column to percent.
    • Add a digit and press Enter
    • Result: “00”

Design bits (Pedro and others

  • Fixes for annotation buttons waiting for tested to pass
  • There were fixes for dialog tabs
  • Also Increased discoverability of our tabbed view feature (collpasing/expanding tabs) → added tooltips
  • I have been working on how we generate the html for the jsdialogs → jsssidebar
    • Push into a dev forum topic
    • Szymon: Has played with my CSS idea: JSsidebar generated html
    • Szymon: I have tested that out and it looks promissing: less html elements to render and to style
      • Still so extra work requireed (some extra containers are still coming from core)

Other ongoing work

  • Mert → trying to make Async file properties save with password

    • Uses some interactuon handling sync , not working at the moment
    • Gokay: still pending (partially done afaik)
  • Kendy: Mert is finishing DeepL bits.

    • Kendy: will review core
    • Kendy: gerrit got updated with new patches. Will review that and then will get merge
    • WRT to online part maybe Szymon: DeepL translation integration by merttumer · Pull Request #5096 · CollaboraOnline/online · GitHub
      • Also added icon and now waiting for core part to be merged
    • Already finished. But improvements to go
    • WRT mentions Rash is trying to make ongoing mentions work
      • Finalizing now
      • Next → Discuss /test within richdocuments (NC)
      • There is no sparticular switch to turn this now, it just works but maybe we can add that in the future.
      • Right now it only works within the document itself (not in the comments yet)
  • Pranam: Fixed all the issues related to comments

    • back to kubernetes
    • work on improving sidebar on impress (multiple users)
  • Szymon: noticed a couple of JSDialogs problems and fixed that

    • Sidebar flickery (opening and closing at the document load) is fixed!
    • Smaller JSDIALOG fixes: treeview checkbox state; spinner fixes (on chrome based browsers the hover status was activating the wrong button) [Merged]
      • Unifying cypress tests for spinner (desktop and mobile)
    • Impress tiles fix → text going outside
    • Impress Master slide view fixes for multiple users
      • Split changes into smaller pieces so it’s safe and it is now ready for review
      • Slide view is now fixed
      • Assertion to be solved
      • Pranam reviewed, Szymon needs to look at it again
    • Scrollbars: Improving scrolling behaviour (calc only)
      • Scroll depending on the existing content
      • Next: possible to scroll cell by cell via arrow buttons
    • Improved clear formatting feature
    • F2 to edit formula: Currently we don’t see the edits up until we press enter
  • Continuing working on rendering issues on impress. Missing unit tests and some other multi-user bugs to fix

  • Nick

    • Exporting as PDF dialog → async
      • File picker → we don’t have → need to figure out how to implement that
      • I got it rendering propeply
      • Now working on the download part
      • Now everything is async but with that some additional problems appear
  • Skyler: Converting now dialogs to JSDialogs.

    • Last leaflet dialog killed → merged!
    • Now number format dialog converted
    • Insert caption on the way as well → then its subdialogs is done
      • sub dialog insert caption > auto is awaiting Szymons review on gerrit:
      • Szymon: JSDialog is missing feature for this (checkbox cannot be in the treeview for now)
      • Szymon: There is another problem with GTK3
    • Good to create a github ticket on improving documentation on APIs in editors.
  • Michael

    • zstd → hacked this up in a couple of hours: working nicely
      • needs a few more tweaks – and can merge it.
      • Waiting for master to be open for changes.
    • Silly thing re: tiles vs. deltas: recv-tiles 5700, recv-delta 1311 – odd when we have so many people and should have lots of deltas.
    • coolstress testing tool:
      • needs more work: need a pet WOPI server –
        or an internal set of test documetns I think.


COOL dev day - 5th

  • Very short talks: 10 → 15 mins or so … lightning …

  • On-line option for remote but in-person preferred

  • User Mentions & Notifications – Rashesh

  • Tips on debugging COOL → Andras

  • COOL and 1&1 → Gabriel

  • zstd compression → Michael

  • Streaming document deltas → Michael

  • Getting involved & Overview of COOL community → Pedro

  • Design, UX thingy still need to find title→ Pedro

  • JSDialog conversion → Szymon

  • Nextcloud Office → Raul / Julius

  • Interop improvements → Gulsah

  • Sparklines → Quikee

  • Giant spreadsheets in Online → Lubos

  • DeepL → Mert

  • LanguageTool → Mert

  • Wecloming users → Henry

  • Calc formula-bar → Szymon

  • Form controls → Rash

  • Content Controls → Miklos

  • Accessibility checker → quikee

  • Remote Control Configuration →Pranam ?

  • File Properties → Nick Wingate

Next Meeting