Collabora Online Weekly Meeting #179

Collabora Online Weekly Meeting #179

Date: 25th Jul 2024

All minutes published on: https://forum.collaboraonline.com/tag/meeting-minutes

1. Attendees (write your name):

• Pedro, Bayram, Darshan, Ezinne, Hub, Andras, João, Méven, Anna, Michael, Aron, Caolán, Skyler, Vivek, Gökay, Attila, Szymon, Timur, Gulsah

A.I. Pedro: Remove all the additional paragraph styles for the next meeting

1. Testing

• Files

• Features, user flows (Anyone can add here the things they need to test)

• [Application] [Requester]: what to test

• [Impress] [Lily]: Basic presentation flows such as creating/removing slides and reordering them

• [Impress] [Pedro]: Create object shadow and test it in presentation (slide-show) both full screen and in window

• [Impress] [Pedro]: Resize shape (default line and area color); Resize shape with transparent area and with line set to purple and thickness to 3 pt

• [Any App] [Darshan]: Dark mode in read-only document. Check the menubuttons works or not. Do they perform operations properly or not ? Read-only shared link

• Invert background button should be enabled

• View > Hide menu: should not be there since it doesn’t work (or be disabled)

• Skyler: I suspect this is related to one of my old commits
      • Click in a row/column header right click > non-read-only operations shouldn’t be accessible

• Help > Server Audit, does nothing and shouldn’t be enabled/visible

• [All apps] [Skyler]: Inverted background in dark mode. Check that it doesn’t share between users …

• [non-calc] [Skyler]: also nice to see if inverted background can save/load properly when you refresh your page. This is known not to work in calc, so don’t bother testing it there…
  1. Release Schedule

• CODE (Red) 24.04.6.1 August 1st

• stuck in release: Aron created the tag but thtaske packages aren’t in the expected place

• Looking to fix this asap so we can continue he release process

• Mitch is on this.
  • Mobile releases 24.04.4 (stable branch) Next week

• iOS 24.04 Already released

• Android 24.04 is in test session

• Blocker: android: some parts don’t render at some zoom levels (Rash will look at it) => Blocker is fixed and now being tested by QA team.
  1. Online Activity

Continues:

• Separating global.js file from HTML.

• A big commit is merged. Thanks to Pedro, Skyler, Aron and Darshan for fixing some regressions while I was on vacation.
  • Helpers for object alignments.

Next:

• Hunting for leaflet bits

• Some small fixes and reviews.

• Copy text with comments issue. Has a PR but needs to check the tests also.

• Hubert

• No updates

• Gulsah

• Changing dark mode affects other users link colors.

• Calc: Other users automatic font color affecting after one user inverts document background.

• Paused to work.
  • Add Invert background button to mobile view

• Writer: Invert Background does not invert comments (GH#9629)

• Currently working on this.
  • Next: https://github.com/CollaboraOnline/online/pull/6725

• I’ll re-check that feature
  • Vivek

• No updates to share from my side, Thanks!
  • Timur

• Just observing.

• Méven

• Cor

• Found the (easy) cause of a single keyboard shortcut issue/regression on Desktop, caused by a COOL commit.
      Gökay will patch that.

• Dived into presentations/templates (weeks ago) trying to understand the cascading of styles and DF, which is ‘more interesting’ than e.g. Writer. Helps to clean up stuff. Later will look into my macro’s (from previous work) for cleaning/standardizing existing slides.

• Nick

• Working on moving the navigator to its own sidebar on the left

• Converted current Control.Sidebar.js to typescript

• Also working on making the sidebar more abstract so that we can reuse for the right and left side

• However this is more work than initially expected as the we listens to any sidebar events causing the sidebars to just mirror eachother
    • Next steps:

• Figure out a way to decipher left and right sidebar events from core (no ‘left sidebar’ control exists in core).

• The slide sorter in core is closable so perhaps this might be some solution
      • Impress: add tabs for toggling between navigator and slide sorter as they are both on the left

• Add a floating button to open the left sidebar when closed (similar button to when comments are closed)

• Contextmenu key

• GitHub issues → please add version within the body as the issue template states

• Easy hack:

- Add Prettier fail check on pre-commit #9601 => assigned to pravo23 Pravin Kumar

- Save “Invert Background” preference in JS storage #9538

-

Python:( User: Gulixiang) => Thanks miklos for handling this topics**

1. Next events

2. Next meeting

• 08/01/24