Comment boxes are clipped when display scaling is 200% or higher

Hello,

My setup is a Nextcloud self hosted server (v29) with Collabora Online - Built-in CODE server (v24.04.3) (also self hosted). All running on Ubuntu systems.

The issue is with editing a Text document.
First of all, I’m not sure how exactly to identify this thing. In text documents you can have comments. They appear on the right side, either in a box on their own, or as a circle with initials.

Here is an example of two comment boxes (media suppressed because it’s my first post)

However, when I have a scaled display (200% or more) then the right side of the comment box is clipped. The three dots are not visible anymore. Here is an example of the same comment box.

Notice that the browser window is not maximized.

This problem happens with all browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome). I’m guessing that this is a Collabora problem, not Nextcloud.

Does anyone recognize this problem? Where should I report this issue?

Kees

Here is the example of correct rendering

Hello @keesb, welcome to the Collabora forums.

I apologize for the difficulties you’re experiencing. I will assist you in filing this bug report.

Please go to the Collabora Online repository on GitHub and file a bug report with all the necessary steps you’ve mentioned: Create a new issue.

Make sure to include screenshots and the version number of COOL.

Thanks,
Darshan

Done

1 Like

@keesb i want to ask one more thing , as you said browser is minimized so have you checked screen has this horizontal scrollbar ?

Hello @darshan

No, there is no horizontal scrollbar. Also worth to notice is that it does not matter if I drag the right border of the window to make it bigger. The comment box stays glued to the right border, but it remains clipped.

BTW. The window is not minimized, but it is un-maximized, which is something else.

@keesb I see, thanks for the clarification.