Tiff file with multiple pages only shows first page

Hi all,

Am trying to view tif/tiff files in CODE. I can see that the first page gets shown successfully. But for some reasons it is not possible to go to remaining pages. Has anyone tried to view tif file with multiple pages successfully? Is that a bug?

Regards,
Vimal

Hey @vimal7370, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Am trying to view tif/tiff files in CODE. I can see that the first page gets shown successfully. But for some reasons it is not possible to go to remaining pages.

Hmmm… that sounds like an odd one.

So, what kind of document is this:

• Writer? Impress?

Could you attach a sample document that shows this problem?

I’d like to test it on my end too.

Is that a bug?

Definitely sounds like one.

And could you please give more info of your setup?

Q1] Can you give me your:

• Help > About info?

Q2] How are you running Collabora? (OS? Browser version?)

When we load a multi-page TIFF image by itself we should import it into multiple draw pages I guess; currently that’s not done in the filter - it should be filed up-stream at LibreOffice - I expect it is something of an easy-hack to get done, and then it should “just work” in COOL too =) at least, AFAIR LibreOffice doesn’t do this.

@quikee any chance of filing that as an easy-hack at TDF, and linking back here -I assume a code pointer to whatever fallback image filter ends us up in draw loading an image to view it would be most helpful there =) Thanks !

1 Like

Ahh, a multi-page TIFF. I misread!

I thought it was an ODT document with multiple TIFFs inside!

Yes, multi-page tiff (available for download at: https://filetransfer.io/data-package/iCLEWr5O#link.

The file actually has 16 pages in total but as you can see in the screenshot, CODE displays only the first page.

I am running CODE 22.05.5.4 on latest version of Google Chrome on Mac.

Thank you.

1 Like

Done - added tdf#155444

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=155444

1 Like

Fantastic.

@vimal7370 Thanks so much for sharing that multi-page TIFF example.

And thanks @quikee for submitting the enhancement request to TDF.

@vimal7370. I’ll attach your multi-page TIFF to the LibreOffice Bugzilla that was created:

And I also recommend:

• Creating a LibreOffice Bugzilla account
  • CCing yourself to that bug.

That will make sure you get email updates the second anything changes on that front.

Then, like @mmeeks said, soon after it gets added to LibreOffice, it’ll make its way to Collabora as well. :slight_smile:

@vimal7370 Great news,

Support for Multi-Page TIFFs was just added to LibreOffice by @rash419.

Here is the exact link to the patch:

It will soon be available for LibreOffice + Collabora. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. (And thanks Rash for adding it so quickly!)

1 Like