Are Master/Sub-documents and Extensions support in Future Writer Development plans

I am a member of a US dog club and we currently utilize CODE (6.4) in conjunction with Nextcloud to provide club officers and committees the ability to collaborate and manage documents, projects, etc. My question is about the potential for a future edition of Collabora Writer to support the creation and maintenance of Master Files.
I am currently working on a project to edit the Policies and Procedures of the club. The approach I am using is based on creating a Master document and linking all of the sub-documents that are stored in Nextcloud. I have begun this process with a local copy of LibreOffice and downloading the multitude (150+ pages) of sub-documents to my local device, then using the Writer2LaTex extension to create an HTML document for publication on the club’s website. I have been a been a user of LibreOffice for over ten years so this was an obvious choice for me, however the vast majority of club members use MS Office and to make this process capable of being supported long term, I may have to change to Word. If Writer were able to support Master/Sub-documents within CODE it would be much easier to educate other members to use.

Thanks for considering my question.

1 Like