Can't Open Files on Android version 9 Tablet

Hi,

I was able to install:

collabora-office-mobile-21.11-snapshot-armeabi-v7a-2022-05-21.apk

on a tablet running android version 9.

I am able to open the software and create files, however when click to open, after a few second pause -progress bar says “loading…”, it returns to the file list view and does not open the file.

Also, I am using it offline. I am not connecting to any networks(no wifi chip present). Do I need to be online in order to use it on an android tablet?

Could you please help?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum @workyg !

Thanks for tacking the time to report this.

Also, I am using it offline. I am not connecting to any networks(no wifi chip present). Do I need to be online in order to use it on an android tablet?

No, you don’t need internet connection provided that the files is locally available.

Do you experience the same problem with the latest snapshot? Index of /downloads/Collabora-Office-Android-Snapshot and what about with latest (but more stable version?): Index of /downloads/fdroid/repo

1 Like

This looks like a crash, do you think you could take and share logcat output?

1 Like

Hello Pedro! Thank you so much!

Yes, I tried both: the latest shapshot and from fdroid/repo. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still, same thing happens.

I may need some guidance on how to do that.

I this can help: Logcat command-line tool  |  Android Developers or if you don’t want or cannot deal with command -line I think there are also some apps that can extract that for you, https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-take-logs-android/